Township is a free-to-play city building game developed by Playrix. It is a unique mixture of city building and farming! Build the dream town that you always wanted to create, harvest crops, sell and trade goods in order to develop your town. Use decorations and different community buildings to bring life into your town! Are you ready to play?
Township features a huge variety of content, like:
- Different types of buildings to place!
- Selling and trading of goods!
- Restaurants, cinemas and other exiting shops to open!
- Create your own clan with your Facebook and Google+ Friends!
- Farms to manage, cities to build!
- Famous Landmarks in real life that you can use to enhance and decorate your town!
Your main goal in this game is to build the best town possible and to participate in all of the events! Keep your productivity in your town up and try to get as many goods as much as possible, in order to keep your idle time in this game minimum! In order to unlock new options, you have to gain levels and population in your town. Gaining levels will allow you to unlock different buildings, factories, houses, community buildings, farming buildings, decorations and much more! First, build as many farms and factories as possible, this will speed up the town’s growth and will allow you to have goods to sell and trade to other people!
Here are some tips:
- Build up your coins and factories in the beginning. At this point, decorations are not important during this time. Growth first, Looks second.
- Buy all goods from the barn every 6 hours.
- Other than farms and factories, use other assets to keep production at a maximum.
- NEVER sell any of your barn tools, as it can be a big problem for the future.
Currencies (Coins and Township Cash)
Township uses two currencies, Coins and Township Cash.
Coins are used for:
- Town Decorations
- Building Constructions.
- Growing Crops etc.
You can earn coins by:
- Leveling up. The higher the level ups, the higher the rewards!
- Filling orders via the helicopter.
- Logging in to achieve the daily rewards.
- Watching video ads, rewards are up to 900 coins but on a 50/50 chance.
- Selling goods from the barn.
- Participate in weekly regattas. The stronger your finish, the higher the reward.
- Earn achievements in your Town Hall. In order to get more coins in this activity, try to earn the hardest achievements.
- Explore the mines.
- Load airplanes and then send them. You get coins for every single crate and when cargo holds are fully loaded.
- Buy coins from in-game app purchases.
- Login for five consecutive days to acquire your Daily Login Rewards.
Township Cash is used for:
- It is used to speed up and expand production, the construction of buildings etc.
- Purchasing Special Decorations.
- Processing goods at the factories.
- You can use this currency to also buy materials or items you may need.
You can earn Township Cash by:
- Participate in Township Mobile Facebook. The rewards can be up to 250 Township Cash.
- Placing top 3 in the Community events which can you get you up to 50 Township Cash.
- Open treasure chests in your town or on your friend’s town, keep in mind that they also be brought by ships from the islands.
- Fully loaded airplanes tend to give a mystery chest that rewards you with 1 Township Cash.
- Daily login rewards sometimes give 1 Township Cash, so always check your daily login rewards.
- When you construct buildings, residents will thank you and will reward you with 1 Township Cash.
- Take part in the weekly regattas.
- Buy Township Cash at the in-game store.
The Most Important Building Sections
The House section is the first category in the Building Navigation center. There are 36 types of houses that you can build based on the level you are. Here are all of the types of house included in the game:
- Cottage – Level 4-5, +5 Population, 5 Coins, 1 minute to build, 5 XP
- Cape Cod Cottage – Level 1-8, +10 Population, 10 Coins, 10 minutes to build, 10 XP
- Chalet Bungalow – Level 1-8, +15 Population, 15 Coins, 20 minutes to build, 15 XP
- Conch House – Level 1-12, +20 Population, 20 Coins, 30 minutes to build, 20 XP
- Bungalow – Level 8-14, +25 Population, 25 Coins, 1 hour to build, 25 XP
- Farmhouse – Level 10-15, +30 Population, 60 Coins, 1 hour and 30 minutes to build, 30 XP
- Gablefront Cottage – Level 12-17, +35 Population, 105 Coins, 2 hours to build, 35 XP
- Gambrel – Level 14-18, +40 Population, 160 Coins, 3 hours to build, 40 XP
- Craftsman House – Level 17-20, +45 Population, 225 Coins, 4 hours to build, 45 XP
- Double-Decker – Level 20-22, +50 Population, 300 Coins, 6 hours to build, 50 XP
- American Foursquare – Level 24-26, +55 Population, 385 Coins, 7 hours to build, 55 XP
- Hall and Parlor House – Level 24-26, +60 Population, 540 Coins, 8 hours to build, 60 XP
- Duplex – Level 26-29, +65 Population, +65 Population, 715 Coins, 9 hours to build, 65 XP
- Townhouse – Level 28-32, +70 Population, 910 Coins, 10 hours to build, 70 XP
- Victorian Townhouse – Level 29-44, +75 Population, 1200 Coins, 12 hours to build, 75 XP
- Garden Apartments – Level 31-90, +80 Population, 1440 Coins, 16 hours to build, 80 XP
- Condos – Level 32-42, +85 Population, 1700 Coins, 18 hours to build, 85 XP
- Apartment Building – Level 34-46, +90 Population, 2250 Coins, 20 hours to build, 90 XP
- Housing Co-op – Level 37-58, +100 Population, 3000 Coins, 22 hours to build, 100 XP
- High-Rise with a Garden – Level 39-62, +110 Population, 3850 Coins, 24 hours to build, 110 XP
- Regular High-Rise – Level 42-59, +120 Population, 4800 Coins, 1 day and 2 hours to build, 120 XP
- High-Rise with an Attic – Level 44-60, +140 Population, 6300 Coins, 1 day and 4 hours to build, 140 XP
- Bright House – Level 50-84, +150 Population, 7500 Coins, 1 day and 6 hours to build, 150 XP
- High-Rise with Tile – Level 52-86, +190 Population, 9500 Coins, 1 day and 8 hours to build, 190 XP
- Block House – Level 54-72, +230 Population, 11500 Coins, 1 day and 8 hours to build, 230 XP
- Modern High-Rise – Level 56-88, +270 Population, 13500 Coins, 1 day and 10 hours to build, 270 XP
- Old House – Level 58-78, +330 Population, 16500 Coins, 1 day and 10 hours to build, 330 XP
- Timber-Framed House – Level 62-88, +380 Population, 19000 Coins, 1 day and 12 hours to build, 380 XP
- House With Towers – Level 68 – 86, +420 Population, 21000 Coins, 1 day and 12 hours to build, 420 XP
- Residential Complex – Level 72-82, +460 Population, 27600 Coins, 1 day and 16 hours to build, 460 XP
- Single-Family House – Level 78-84, +520 Population, 36400 Coins, 1 day and 16 hours to build, 520 XP
- Apartment Complex – Level 86-90, +580 Population, 46400 Coins, 1 day and 18 hours to build, 580 XP
- House with Balconies – Level 88, +640 Population, 51200 Coins, 1 day and 18 hours to build, 640 XP
- Condos – Level 90, +700 Population, 56000 Coins, 1 day and 20 hours to build, 700 XP
- High-Rise – Level 92, +760 Population, 61000 Coins, 1 day and 20 hours to build, 760 XP
- High-Rise With A Pool – Level 92, +820 Populations, 66000 Coins, 1 day and 22 hours to build, 820 XP
Factories are the places where goods like food are produced. You can sell the goods produced from the factories using different transport or in the barn to earn coins that you are would need for different items that you would maybe need. You can buy factories with Coins but, in order for the factory construction time to speed up, you can do that with Township Cash.
- Bakery – Level 2, 55 Population Required, 125 Coins, 3 seconds to build, 10 XP
- Feed Mill – Level 3-44, 60-4150 Population Required, 150-40000 Coins, 40 seconds-1 day and 20 hours to build, 11-1655 XP
- Dairy Factory – Level 4, 65 Population Required, 175 Coins, 1 hour to build, 12 XP
- Sugar Factory – Level 7, 75 Population Required, 250 Coins, 2 hours to build, 15 XP
- Textile Factory – Level 9, 105 Population Required, 500 Coins, 6 hours to build, 25 XP
- Tailor Shop – Level 12, 125 Population Required, 800 Coins, 10 hours to build, 44 XP
- Snack Factory – Level 14, 300 Population Required, 1300-1400 Coins, 12 hours to build, 58 XP
- Fast Food Restaurant – Level 16, 425 Population Required, 2100-2400 Coins, 16 hours to build, 91 XP
- Paper Factory – Level 18, 570 Population Required, 2800-3200 Coins, 16 hours to build, 120 XP
- Ice Cream Factory – Level 20, 735 Population Required, 3600-4100 Coins, 1 day to build, 174 XP
- Pastry Factory – Level 24, 1100 Population Required, 5300-6000 Coins, 1 day and 4 hours to build, 252 XP
- Jam Factory – Level 27, 1480 Population Required, 7100-8200 Coins, 1 day and 2 hours to build, 297 XP
- Rubber Factory – Level 29, 1670 Population Required, 9000-12000 Coins, 1 day and 8 hours to build, 376 XP
- Plastics Factory – Level 34, 2375 Population Required, 15000-21000 Coins, 1 day and 12 hours to build, 623 XP
- Candy Factory – Level 39, 3190 Population Required, 20000-27000 Coins, 1 day and 16 hours to build, 1118 XP
- Mexican Restaurant – Level 43, 3950 Population Required, 33000-45000 Coins, 1 day and 20 hours to build, 1861 XP
- Furniture Restaurant – Level 47, 4760 Population Required, 48000-70000 Coins, 2 days to build, 2892 XP
- Shoe Factory – Level 50, 5465 Population Required, 60000-85000 Coins, 2 days and 4 hours to build, 3511 XP
- Jewelry Store – Level 53, 5860 Population Required, 70000-100000 Coins, 2 days and 8 hours to build, 4130 XP
- Asian Restaurant – Level 56, 7500 Population Required, 95000-140000 Coins, 2 days and 12 hours to build, 5780 XP
- Grill Factory – Level 59, 8700 Population Required, 115000-17000 Coins, 2 days and 13 hours to build, 7017 XP
- Perfume Factory – Level 61, 9480 Population Required, 130000-200000 Coins, 2 days and 14 hours to build, 8255 XP
- Beverage Factory – Level 65, 10900 Population Required, 190000-300000 Coins, 2 days and 15 hours to build, 12380 XP
- Hot Dog Factory – Level 68, 11300 Population Required, 220000-350000 Coins, 2 days and 16 hours to build, 14442 XP
- Coffee Factory – Level 72, 12600 Population Required, 270000-440000 Coins, 2 days and 17 hours to build, 18155 XP
- Down Feather Factory – Level 74, 13100 Population Required, 290000-480000 Coins, 2 days and 18 hours to build, 19805 XP
- Doll Factory – Level 76, 13900 Population Required, 310000-520000 Coins, 2 days and 19 hours to build, 21455 XP
- Kitchenware Factory – Level 78, 14500 Population Required, 340000-590000 Coins, 2 days and 20 hours to build, 14030 XP
- Music Factory – Level 82, 15700 Population Required, 390000-690000 Coins, 2 days and 21 hours to build, 15670 XP
- Tea Factory – Level 84, 16400 Population Required, 405000 Coins, 3 days, 16711 XP
- Bouquet Factory – Level 87, 17200 Population Required, 420000-750000 Coins, 2 days and 22 hours to build, 16780 XP
- Italian Restaurant – Level 92, 17845 Population Required, 450000-820000 Coins, 2 days and 23 hours to build, 17980 XP
- Festive Factory – Level 95, 18500 Population Required, 470000 Coins, 3 days, 19632 XP
There are 8 different farm buildings that you can acquire. All of the farm buildings have a different number of how many animals it can hold inside them, so think wisely about what you are going to buy!
- Cowshed – 3 buildings max, Level 1-22, 18 Cows in total, 1000-5000 Coins, 14 hours or 1 day and 2 hours to build, 46 up to 211 XP, produces Milk
- Chicken Coop – 3 buildings max, Level 5-39, 18 Chicken in total, 200-15000 Coins, 1 hour up to 1 day and 16 hours to build, 13 up to 623 XP, produces Eggs
- Sheep Farm – 2 buildings max, Level 10-31, 12 Sheep in total, 600-8000 Coins, 4 hours up to 1 day and 10 hours to build, 29 up to 335 XP, produces Wool
- Apiary – 2 buildings max, Level 35-50, 12 Bees in Total, 9000-15000 Coins, 1 day and 14 hours up to 1 day and 22 hours to build, 376 up to 623 XP, produces Honey
- Pig Farm – 2 buildings max, Level 42-54, 12 Pigs in Total, 12000-35000 Coins, 1 day and 19 hours to build up to 2 days and 9 hours to build, 500 up to 1448 XP, produces Bacon
- Duck Feeder – 2 buildings max, Level 48-73, 2 up to 8 Ducks in Total, 14500-140000 Coins, 1 day and 21 hours to build up to 3 days and 5 hours to build, 603 up to 5780 XP, produces seaweed, scallops and pearls
- Otter Pond – 1 building max, Level 58, 3 Otters in total,24000 Coins, 2 days and 12 hours to build, 958 XP
- Mushroom Farm – 1 building max, Level 63, 6 Mushroom pots that each produce 1 mushroom, 29000 Coins, 3 days to build, 1012 XP
Township offers many ways to level up in order to unlock the best content of the game such as, Special Decorations, Community Buildings, Factories, Farm etc. There are some ways which will allow you to level up much faster than the average player:
- One of the most popular ways to level up is to do helicopter orders. You need to upgrade your factories with coins, this makes the marketplace purchases equal to what you would sell in your own factories.
- Start on upgrading XP Boost in your factories.
- Make sales to the township people.
- Grow and harvest crops. Planting and harvesting wheat is by far the best starting activity in order to level up faster.
- Help people in Co-op mode.
If you are looking for some Township Cash, events are a go-to for most experienced players. The rewards are split like this: First place gets 50 Township Cash then Second and Third place receive 30 Township Cash. There are plenty of regular events in township, as well as seasonal ones. There are 6 types of events:
- Community Events
- Seasonal Events
- Mayor’s Competition
- Mayor’s Event
- Special Event
- Special Offers
Community Events are events that the Township Community can enter to earn special decorations and special rewards to grow their city. Most of the community events are regular events and they last 7 days. Here are all of the community events:
- Aerial Challenge
- Sports Fishing
- Color Splash
- Cooking Events
- Snowboarding Challenge
- Bubble Gum Festival
- Need for Seeds
- Jungle Quest
- Tropical Blends
- Blossoming Boulevards Event or Lantern Festival
Seasonal Events are events that celebrate different festivals around the world such as Halloween, Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter. These events repeat only once every year and last 10 days.
In Mayor Competitions, you play in-game features to earn points. The player with the highest points gains huge rewards. These events sometimes can occur between community events and last 3 or 4 days. There are 4 types of Mayor’s Competitions:
- Transport Magnate Event
- Mine Time Event
- Advanced Agriculture Event
- Industrial Boom Event
In Mayor’s Events, you play in-game features to earn event points. Reach certain points to get prizes. These events generally last 3 days, but Hammer Time lasts 7 days. There are 3 types of Mayor’s Events:
- Hammer Time: Guide a van to a furniture warehouse to win tickets then send your coupons in order to decorate the tropical Bungalow. You can get spectacular rewards for decorating the room!
- Cash Splash: This event allows you to earn coins when completing 12 stages of personal rewards. The last stage will give you 1000 Township Cash.
- Gift Hunt: Perform Regular in-game actions in order to earn experience points. Open the gift boxes in order to get amazing prizes!
There is only one special event in this category: Professor’s Experiments Event. You can earn plenty of rewards up to 37000 Coins, 1000 Township Cash etc. Buying the Gold Pass for this event will give you access to additional rewards and perks.
In this event, you complete various tasks in order to earn electric charge. Get a certain amount of electric charge, and you will be able to collect certain rewards, based on how much charge you have. Rewards require up to 3000 Electric Charge .
Township is a creative, well-structured town simulator with a huge variety of content and an astonishing amount of playstyles to play! I can safely say that this is the most well-designed mobile city-building game that I have played so far. The game emphasizes on hard work, patience, intelligence and multi tasking. The art style looks beautiful and is spot on for the type of game Playrix have gone for. The game isn’t 3D, so it runs pretty well on more low-powered machinery. While there are many mobile sim games out there, Playrix have made a game that does not feel like any other sim game out there, it has it’s own character and has specific mechanics that you would not see in any sim game right now. I highly recommend you to play it with your friends, as you can share useful goods with each other, growing each other’s cities! The more friends you have, the more boxes you can receive on the market. If you are looking for a sophisticated and well-structured sim game, this one will be your go-to!